Monday, January 30, 2006

The Gifts of Sobriety

January 28th marked 6 months clean for me and I was struck with the realization that so many great things are coming into my life as a result. I find myself enjoying stellar health and am well on my way to meeting my goal of having a similar level of fitness as I enjoyed 4 years ago. I'm enjoying a lack of turbulence and chaos in my life; boredom is not necessarily a bad thing. I actually have money left in my bank account at the end of each month and all my bills are paid on time. I'm dating a really cute, intelligent, vivacious guy who seems truly interested in me and appears to like the fact that he doesn't have to deal with an intoxicated boyfriend (which was his previous experience). I'm rebuilding relationships I thought were long since destroyed and have recently gotten a call from old friends whom I'd done wrong over a decade ago; they are forgiving and wish to renew the friendship. Nine out of every ten days I wake up and enjoy a good day. Call it karma, call it God, call it the ways of the universe, but I'm finding that as long as I maintain clarity, attempt to remain concious of how I'm feeling and why and I attempt to do the right thing, good things continue to come my way.

And for this, we are grateful.

1 comment:

Cathie said...

6 months!! Fanstastic. It's all karma. Still love your blog.

We had another small victory in Loudoun County by way of a Special State Senate election on Tuesday. The Dem candidate won, with 61% of the vote!! Local GOP is shocked.