
I went yesterday to see The Break Up, the just released "romantic comedy" with Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn. Normally, I couldn't give a rat's patootie about seeing something like this in the theater....would much rather wait until it comes out on DVD and watch it at home. If then.
The movie got old after about 10 minutes. As my mother put it, listening to a couple argue and fight (which is the basis for the whole film) wears on your nerves rather quickly. I'm not a fan of either actor unlike seemingly most of the country and even seeing Ann Margaret wasn't too exciting.
What was exciting and the reason we paid to see this in the theater was the fact that The Old 97's appear in the "break up" scene towards the end of the movie. Now that was worth waiting for! The Old 97's are fronted my my nephew, Rhett Miller, who is enjoying a rather notable year with the release of his second solo album, The Believer. The scene was actually shot at a 97's show in Chicago and there are a couple of brief close ups of Rhett although the entire scene lasts less than a couple of minutes.
The movie would have been SO much better with more Old 97's and less Jen and Vince!

1 comment:
HA! Less Jen & Vince!!! They are going to be upset when they do a blog search of themselves and read that. I would see it becuase I like Jon Favreau and Jason Bateman. Marc's girlfriend in his head is Jennifer A, so he might sit through it for her.
Post a Comment