Saturday, June 17, 2006

Friends Rock and So Does the New Apartment!

I haven't posted since seeing The Breakup due to the fact that I moved last weekend and everything surrounding those dates has either involved preparation for the move or recovery from the move. There were countless trips down the stairs from my 2nd floor place and countless trips up the stairs to my new 2nd floor place (to think I almost moved to a 3rd floor!) leaving me with a strained knee and no zip for the last few days. But I'm in now and I love it! It's bright and sunny, has a nice layout, a large L shaped balcony (I mean really large!) with a pool view in a complex with huge oak trees and quiet neighbors. I'm jazzed.

I'm also jazzed about the fact that three friends offered to help me move. I didn't have to beg, bribe, cajole or plead, they just offered. Offered. Of their own free will. Amazing. The one with the most hours and trips up and down stairs was VelvetSaje who, despite the heat (nothing like 100 degree temps to make you wish you weren't moving), never complained, not even once. There was Mike, from my 12 Step group, who helped with the "sacred", antique makeup table (a table that my mother unnecessarily obsesses about everytime I move...it hasn't been damaged yet despite her absolute certainty that it will be!). The next morning JN, my former squeeze and still faithful friend, made one trip with his truck that would have taken me 5 in the vehicle I was using. Oh lawdy, do I feel blessed!

Needless to say, the next time any of these three move, they have someone already signed up to help.

2 comments:

Velvetsaje said...

You better believe I'm calling you when I need help.

Cathie said...

Glad you like your new place!!