Friday, June 22, 2007

Inflamed Airways and a Plethora of Courting or How I've Spent My Summer So Far

I haven't written in 24 days so me thinks I'm about due. Perhaps a little explanation is in order as to my lack of time/interest in blogging.

My last day of classes was May 10 and I decided that one of my goals for the summer would be to reinvigorate my social life (i.e. I was going to date some). There were 2 or 3 guys that had expressed an interest but going to school while working 40 hours a week was about all I could manage so I had politely declined until school was out.

On May 12th (that's 2 days later folks), I went on the first date. It was nice to be back in the game and have the possibility of a little companionship. I went out with NewsCameraGuy for a couple of weeks and it was enjoyable but he caught a little cold and gave it to me.

The cold turned into bronchitis which lasted fully 4 weeks. I missed work twice and made a trip to the ER once feeling so poorly I was afraid I might have pneumonia. I mostly put the whole dating thing on hold while my inflamed bronchial tubes healed. Finally, this past Monday, I began to feel my old self so the dating game has been back on with a vengeance.

Tuesday - Breakfast and tour of Austin with Mexico City Guy
Wednesday - Movie (300...great!) and dinner with Cute Meeting Guy (who has certainly gotten my attention)
Thursday - rest and solitude
Friday - Dinner at my place with College Kinesiology Guy
Saturday - Dinner and a play with Former Marine Gymnast Broadway Makeup Guy

On Sunday I think I'll rest.

Guys with colds, or any other communicable illness, need not apply

No comments: