Saturday, July 07, 2007

I No Longer Feel Guilty About 30 Minute Showers

So here I sit at work doing a 12 hour day (they offered and I needed the overtime hours), 9am to 9pm and I'm looking out at relative sunshine. That's become a rather unusual thing here in Austin where it's rained virtually every day for over 2 weeks now. Consistant rain....flooding rains. The lakes are overflowing, grass and weeds are out of control, the humidity is astronomical and I've taken to carrying an umbrella.

Having been in a drought for a couple of years now, it was kinda cool the first week of the daily rain. But now that we're going on 3 weeks and it's wearing a little thin. Indeed, it's making me and the folks I know a little surly. Yes, it hasn't been hovering around 100 degrees as it normally is this time of year so that's a plus, but 3 weeks worth of rain goes a long way. I'm thinking maybe I'll move to Seattle where it rains less.

Oh crap! I just looked at the forecast and storms are developing to the west.

No comments: