Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Links

On the right hand side of this blog, below my profile, are links to some websites that I like and to some friends sites/blogs. I was scolded yesterday by a friend who had only then discovered my blog (I thought he'd seen it via my comments on his...oops, guess not) for not having his blog linked on mine. Well Santi, consider yourself linked.

Here's a brief synopsis of the friends blogs:

Cathie : I've never met Cathie. She ended up linked on my site because in the "early days", she posted a comment on my site that she was in the process of starting her own blog and liked my style. We've kept up with each other's blogs ever since. As best I can tell, Cathie is originally from Australia, is married and has kids, lives in Virginia, is a liberal like myself, has a good sense of humor and watches way too much TV. Guess that's why her blog is called Cathie Watches TV, huh? That's one of the cool things about the internet, you can make a connection with people you've never met. I'm glad to have connected with Cathie; maybe we'll meet one day.

Brad : Brad's an old friend who liked the idea of a blog and started his own. We have the same political views but he's a bit of a football lunatic. We all have our shortcomings; the football thing is one of Brad's. I forgive him for it.

Santi : I've known Santiago for a while now. Our friendship has been detailed yet cursory, close yet distant, straightforward yet abstract. We work at the same company where, as he puts it, we're both Customer Service Bitches. A sensitive thinker, Santi writes about his life in Austin, love gained, love lost, his fascination with reality TV and his observations about life. It's an entertaining read with some great links of it's own.

Michael : Michael's an old friend from my days at the Luxury Collection. Michael and I have travelled together, spent more than a few inebriated evenings together, had a number of good times and hung out a couple of gay bars together (although Michael is not gay....very, very not gay). He's a talented artist, writer and songwriter. He hasn't done anything with his site in......well, a hell of a long time. I think he's become addicted to some damn computer game. Maybe one day he'll write again.

2 comments:

Velvetsaje said...

well I guess I have to link you now too...well damn.

Cathie said...

I also hope we meet one day!